Smoothies are a great way to get extra fruit and veggies into your little one's diet. They are also great for soothing sore gums from teething, and they pack an extra punch of vitamins and calcium.
The following smoothie recipes are suitable for babies who have been introduced to yogurt, milk, wheat, soy, berries, and citrus with no adverse response (typically for babies 9 months and older). Always use judgment when making these baby smoothie recipes for your baby and be sure to consult your pediatrician with any food allergy questions. These recipes generally make enough for one adult and one baby.
Carrot & Banana Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups carrot juice
- 1 cup apple juice
- 6 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 ripe banana (frozen if desired)
Fruit Fusion Smoothie
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries, blackberries or strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peaches or mango pieces
- 1 cup orange or pineapple juicepineapple juice
Winter Chiller Smoothie
- 1/2 cup plain, vanilla or banana yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk (or soy milk)
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 frozen banana
Directions: Combine everything in a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Banana Pumpkin Smoothie
- 1 cup milk or plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin (or homemade puree pumpkin)
- 1 banana
- dash of cinnamon or nutmeg
Directions: Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth. Serve immediately.