Spaghetti squash is a great alternative to traditional pasta and is
packed with nutrients!
- 1 Large Spaghetti Squash
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Large Zucchini, diced
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 3-4 leaves of fresh Basil, finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Oregano
- 1 jar Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese or sliced Fresh Mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Image via Wikipedia
1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the seeds, splash with water and a little salt and cook in the microwave for 7-10 minutes (each half). Shred with a fork once cooled slightly and put into your casserole dish (discard the shell).
2. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onions, zucchini, garlic, tomatoes, basil, and oregano. Cook until the onions and zucchini are tender. Add to the casserole dish.
3. Stir all the ingredients until mixed well, then add the pasta sauce until covered. Top with slices of fresh mozzarella cheese or shredded mozzarella.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-25 minutes until it is bubbly and the top is slightly browned. Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.